Forever is only the beginning


Monday, January 16, 2012

Super Sappy Sunday


(its actually Monday, but Sunday sounds better)

Have you had that feeling when you’re with the person you love most and you’re completely wrapped up and in awe of how normal and perfect the moment is.  It’s sort of like your world stands still and you want to hold on to that exact moment because it represents how you simply love and adore the person next to you.  It’s the kind of the emotion you might expect a couple in a movie to portray…  that moment when the music cues and you, the audience, now know that they are in fact in love.  Hopelessly in love.  And I always get that aching in my heart and wonder how come it’s not really like that in real life?  Turns out it is like that in real life – minus the music cues- its actually better though; because it is real life.

Sometimes I think it’s a bit of a fairytale, but I do have those moments, the really simple ones that melt my heart when we are doing nothing at all together.  Sometimes its when we are driving in the car and I’m being silly singing to the radio and he’s laughing at me, or when we end up talking for 2+ hours on a Friday night and miss our chance to go the movie store and grab something before it closes.  It also happens when I wake him up extra early to go to my favorite breakfast place, or when we are sitting next to each other on the couch and I can tell he’s reading his law books by the way he breathes. 

Yup those are the moments that make my heart go pitter patter and I’m so beyond content that this is my real life…  

Not to say its always like this- another bonus of real life- we have to deal with the not so sweet things about life.  Things like going to work or school, paying bills, looking for jobs, and having responsibilities.  Good thing we have all that sappy stuff to get us through the junk. 

I pretty much love this boy, more than words. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for both of you and the beautiful life you're creating together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen Thank so much... I have a sibling or two {or 7} that have helped set an example of building a happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ASH! That is really sweet! I am so happy that you have found that person that does that to your heart and soul. You are so cute! :-) Also, I think you would make a great writer. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete