Forever is only the beginning


Saturday, January 7, 2012

Meet Zoey

Introducing the newest member to our little family: Zoey






Just after Jon and I got married I talked about wanting to get a little baby kitten- even though I already had a cat...  We both agreed though that we had Raja and we didn't need another cat.  Well, all I can say is they shouldn't have actual pets in the pet supply stores!  We ran in Monday after getting back from Traverse, and that is when I saw her {it was love at first sight actually}.  I cooed and coaxed her through the glass for a few minutes before giving Jon my best "I want" eyes and then telling myself to just walk away.  When we got home that night Jon asked "Do you think we should get a friend for Raja?" Do I?  DO I?!  YES!  I jumped at his willingness to even think about getting her.  We thought and talked about it all day tuesday and when I was at work wednesday afternoon Jon went and filled out the paper work and took her home!  She is 3 years old, all black {even her kitty lips and nose}, long hair {still sheds less than our short haired Raja}, declawed/fixed and sweet as can be.  She was brought into the humane society just before Christmas so she wan't there long.  She just loves to be loved.... all day long {she is sitting next to me and purring away as I write this}!  


The catch though- Raja has been the only cat in our tiny 700 square-foot apartment, and is very teritorial...  She likes to think she runs the show around this place {we all know who she gets her sass from}  So the kitties actually haven't met yet.  We did lots of reading, and it can be a slow process, but slowly I think we will get there.  Our new kitty has pretty much been confined to our bedroom and bathroom, while Raja has the rest of the house.  We are hoping by wednesday Raja will be used to Zoey's scent and we can introduce them.  My dream is that they will become best sister kitty friends!!


We'll keep ya'll updated on how everything turns out this week!  

3 comments: