Forever is only the beginning


Monday, June 18, 2012

the awkward and awesome of canada

quick side note- i found a faster place to upload pictures so here a just a few shots of what we have been up to.

Museum of Civilization


my first chess game ever- he let me win. 






Door Open Ottawa









Date Night


Museum of Science and Technology





Quebec City

our hotel







































awkward
-painfully trying to order a meal in french during our trip to quebec city.  our server was nice enough to just speak to us in English half way through the meal.
-running along the rideau canal and being attacked by a bird.  i hoped no one saw, but there were two guys behind me when i stopped to fix my headband.
-trying to change my clothes after hot yoga…  it looks like i jumped in a pool {of my own sweat}.
-the disappointed look on people’s face when they ask when in the states i’m from and i say michigan.  there is nothing wrong with michigan!
-leaving a restaurant after sitting for 15 minutes and looking at the menu and not finding anything i want.  good thing we are tourists and never have to see that server again.


awesome {there are too many to list, but here are a few}
-kettleman’s bagels.  stone fire cooked bagels, seriously the best bagels i’ve ever had.
-having my husband to myself every evening and weekend with NO law books in sight.
-the van gogh exhibit at the national art gallery.
-the parliament buildings in ottawa and quebec city.
-feeling like i get a second honeymoon with my man.
-sacrament meeting in french.
-out of the oven butter croissants and farmer market strawberries for breakfast.
-how excited jon is about everything we get to see and do together here. 
-the creperie we found in quebec
-the french architecture in quebec with cobble stone roads! so cool! 
-running along the rideau canal after yoga on parliament hill {the times when a bird didn't attack me}

can't believe we only have a week and a half left here!  
see you soon family and friends!!  
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. your pictures are so cute and fun. Now I want to visit canada. can't wait to see u guys in July. Yes in Michigan!!!

    ReplyDelete