Forever is only the beginning


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Summer Plans

So, part of the reason I have been M.I.A. is because we have been crazy people trying to figure out what in the world we are going to be doing this summer and next year....
Well, let me just start by saying my husband is absolutely brilliant, and wonderful, and so so so talented...  I know I'm a little bit biased, but I didn't marry him for his lady skills.
We just might be a little crazy, but we are packing up and headed east (technically north east), to Ottawa Canada for half of May and all of June.  This next adventure is going to be just what we need to top off one of the best years of our lives.  For six weeks Jon has an externship with the Library of Parliament- the legal research department of the Parliament of Canada.  So on May 17 we are saying adios to the United States and jumping the border.  Since I returned home from Costa Rica I have been itching to travel and this is the perfect opportunity.  The culture may be similar, but it's a new city with new sites, smells, and experiences.  I am so beyond excited for this adventure we get to share.
After that, starting in the fall, Jon will be attending the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University.  Jon was admitted into the dual JD/MBA program at MSU.  Of course this does mean another year of school, but also so many more opened doors for opportunity for our future.  I am so proud of him!!  It was a big decision for us, as Jon also got into the dual JD/JD Canada/US program he had been interested in.
And just two minor events to add to our itinerary even before we head to Ottawa, Jon still has to finish 2 finals and we have to move apartments!  EEK!  On monday, May 14 we are moving to a new apartment, with a little more space & a washer and dyer (kind of essential now that I'm having to keep up on laundry for 2).  It's going to be a busy few weeks here, but I promise once we get to Ottawa and I have some downtime I'll update about all the craziness!

Pray for my sanity please!

it will be a 10 hour drive 
The Library of Parliament aka Hogwarts
sorry the picture wouldn't load all the way
Yay! Go Green!



No comments:

Post a Comment