Forever is only the beginning


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whether we want it to or not, time is moving forward.  It is starting to feel like fall around here, which means candy corn, caramel apples, and sweaters are on the loose.  The leaves are changing and there is a crisp chill in the air.  I absolutely LOVE fall.  I love the transition from summer to fall, school starting back up, wardrobe change, and it just feels like a renewal, a refreshing new beginning.  It seems like a time to commit (or recommit) to a goal or schedule...  I always find myself making new resolutions around this time of year, and maybe that's because in the past I've had school to help me become more disciplined with my time, activities, and studies... whatever it is, I'm making new commitments.  I'm feeling super motivated about my job search, and to also just ENJOY life now!  To really enjoy the space that Jon and I are in right now... Life will not always be like this, Jon and I are on the course of CHANGE.  Life right now, for us, is transitional.  But this transition period has been a wonderful blessing in our marriage.  I have this time to be able to take care of Jon, which to me ultimately means taking care of myself.  This also means that I can spend time serving others.  Starting next week I will start my 32 hour training to become a group facilitator of grief groups with children.  Click here if you want to know more about Ele's Place- where I'm volunteering.  I have also made a commitment to myself, that I want to serve others within our church community, and other organizations in our local community.  I'm going to try my best to better my community, purify myself, and make sure Jon is making it through his second year of Law school.  Which is going rather well, he said it's his easiest semester yet!  He is busy every day still gone from sun up to sun down, but his hard work will pay off!


Not a lot is going on in our life right now- hence the lack of posting.  Jon and I are getting into our routine, and just enjoying every second we get to spend together (which really isn't all that often right now).  We were able to make it up to Traverse over the weekend to watch General Conference with my parents, brother Dave, and his family.  It was such a nice treat, I was especially looking forward to this session to help me find some answers guidance, and purpose through this stage in life. It's hard to believe that six months has already gone by since the last conference.... A LOT has happened.  I was literally seconds before last April's priesthood session that Jon asked my dad if he could marry me- now look at us!!  Between the sessions on Saturday my mom and I got to do a little crafting.  I always love getting the chance to channel some of my creativity.  I made a wreath for our door- I think it's a nice touch for the fall and winter months.  I've got lots of ideas of other projects, I hope I have time to do over the next few months! 


Last weekend, I also had some of the best pie I've ever had in my life!  Jon and I stopped at the Farmer's Market on saturday before heading up and there was stand from a bakery near by.  The woman has won all sorts of awards for her pies, and I can see why!  It was a cherry, blueberry pie with a crumble top... out of this world!  I might have to try making one myself and see if I can add pie to my list of things I've mastered.


We are excited for the up coming holiday's and for Jon to have a little time off!  This Halloween my brother Seth and hi family will be moving to Traverse City.  We are sooo excited to have them close by!  Jon and I have also purchased our tickets to go visit his brother Joe and his family.  Jon and I will be heading to Georgia- I found us round trip tickets for $300 TOTAL- for both of us, to fly there, and back!  And hopefully over Christmas we will be heading west...  I've already started the search for tickets.  We can't wait to see our families!  


Hope everyone is enjoying their fall as much us as!!


Oh and today marks 2 months for us!  We are still loving every second of it, continuing to learn and grow together as a team.  


So no pictures this post, left my camera in Traverse over the weekend!! 


  
      

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are going really well and you are getting into a routine with life and Jon's schooling. It was fun to hear about everything that is going on. A little jealous about the wreath for the front door. I need mom to come out here and help me put one together for my front door :) Sounds like you have some fun travel plans to look forward to as well. I hope you guys do end up out west some time soon. I love that you are volunteering at Ele's. What a neat experience and hopefully it will help prepare you for what is to come in your career. Love you guys and glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe! Thanks for the blog post, I wish I had more time so I could do a post on our blog, but just as great is to read your blog posts. I love reading what you are thinking, your thoughts, feelings, and what is important to you. This is just one of the many things you do for me that makes me happy (waking, breakfast, lunch, dinner, writing, working, cleaning, decorating, planning, cooking, driving, encouraging, supporting, positive attitude, and looking so cute!) I watched a video on Ele's place and am SO excited for you to start working there and blessing so many lives. I hope you had a great time at yoga and have fun at work and hanging out with Sarah. Thanks for the wonderful two month milestone. Happy Fall. I love you.

    ReplyDelete