Forever is only the beginning


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Law School: Year Two: Week One



 
So last week marked the beginning of a new semester, and paved the way for the next fifteen weeks of life for us.  Bright and early Monday morning Jon started classes.  I worked at 6:30am, which means I had to be up by 5:15am to be out the door on time.  This also means I was to be waking Jon up at that same time to make sure he got out the door on time for the first day!  For any of you that don’t know- Jon is NOT an early riser, left to his own devices he would surely become nocturnal.  And as many of you readers know, I am quite the opposite, I’m up with the sun ready to conquer the day.   I wonder what will happen when we start having children??

So not only is Jon having to be out the door at 7 am pretty much all week, he doesn’t get home until 9 or even 10pm on some nights!!  That’s all day!!  I’m not really a fan of him being gone for so long, but it will be well worth it in the end!!  Soo this does allow me to fill my time with some things I enjoy too!!  I tried my hand at painting this week- I did a 20X30 painting of a tree for our living room- I’m absolutely obsessed with trees and have been dying to get some kind of rendition of the tree of life to hang.  If I were to ever get a tattoo, that is most definitely what I would get- but I won’t so the painting will have to do. 

I also discovered the library is pretty much walking distance, so that will be excellent for me!  Any one have any reading suggestions?  ANNDDD there is a yoga studio in walking distance I’m going to have to take advantage of.  I might try power yoga or vinyasa yoga as my main form of exercise this winter and see how it goes! 

Friday night Jon and I tried to go MSU’s season opener football game- butttt we only lasted through the first quarter.  A long week of getup BEFORE the sun and slaving away either at school or looking for jobs and the last thing we wanted to do was be crammed on to a bench surrounded by thousands of other drunk crazy fans, not to mention it was 90 degrees out that day.  We ended up leaving a little early, and playing Lara and Joe in a friendly game of ping-pong where Lara and I dominated!!  Fun to spend some quality time with our sister before she heads to France and Switzerland for 18 months!!

On Saturday my parents dropped by to see the new place and bring an addition to our family!!!  My mom and dad have had my white cat for the last two years, and now its time for me to get her back!  She has warmed up to Jon and I quite nicely, and we will enjoy having her around.  Thanks mom for giving her back, I know how difficult it was for you!!  Kitty misses you!

Monday marks one whole month of being married!  We are still on that honeymoon high and can’t wait to see what this next week and month bring to us!!


Date night at Pizza House: 
in honor of Lara's last week at work!  














Our Home








Art Projects!





My Tree of Life



Mom and Dad brought Tomatoes 
Fresh from Dad's garden!!


Before the MSU football game 


Our new baby:
Kitty Raja!






4 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see the pictures of your first place! I love the little bathroom paintings you did! Very crafty! I also loved your tree picture. Have you taken some art classes? You would be great! Can't wait to see the picture hung on the wall! Very cute apartment! I love it! Good luck with school Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is adorable. I love it!!!! And great tree painting, best friend. You are so talented!!

    Welcome home, Raja. Your brother loves you from afar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, first apartments...Jen and I still drive by and point it out to the kids every time we are in Provo. Yours looks like a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really busy schedule. Hang in there guys.

    ReplyDelete