Forever is only the beginning


Sunday, March 10, 2013

a mouth full of metal

brace face- metal mouth- tinsel teeth- tin grin...  no matter how your say it, the emotional pain could never be worse than the physical pain!  i'm honestly not much of a complainer so let me just have my moment here.  this has been just awful.  my mouth no longer belongs to me.  i have become a prisoner to these torture tools and have been forced to survive off of sustenance that is equivalent to baby food....  i just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end, right???
of course it will!  you know that song you sing in first grade at christmas with your toothless, spiting grin- yeah, that's the one... all i want for christmas is my two front teeth.  i for sure sang loud and proud, that is until those two front teeth came in and one was crooked as could be.  santa you can take those crooked teeth back because I DON'T WANT 'EM {or so i thought back then}.  and growing up with 8 kids in my family there wasn't extra money for things like braces...  i was grateful for food on the table and clothes on my back.  straight teeth would just have to be saved for my dreams.
wouldn't you know though, that with all those kids, one of them was bound to become a dentist!  dave the dentist, making the world a better place one smile at a time!  thanks to dave's hard work for 10ish years of school and now 8ish years of practice this lady will have the smile she's dreamed of for the last 17 years.  
until then i'll stick to my baby food and milk shakes.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment